51. Even the doctoral degree, long recognized as a required “ union card” in the academic world, has come under severe criticism as the pursuit of learning for its own sake and the accumulation of knowledge without immediate application to a professor's classroom duties
53. Articles in the popular press even criticize the Gross National Production (GNP) because it is not such a complete index of welfare, ignoring, on the one hand, that it was never intended to be, and suggesting, on the other, that with appropriate changes it could be converted into one.
52. While a selection of necessary details is involved in both, the officer must remain neutral and clearly try to present a picture of the facts, while the artist usually begins with a preconceived message or attitude which is then transmitted through the use of carefully selected details of action described in words intended to provoke associations and emotional reactions in the reader.
54. Other experiments revealed slight variations in the size, number, arrangement, and interconnection of the nerve cells, but as far as psychoneuaral correlations were concerned, the obvious similarities of these sensory fields to each other seemed much more remarkable than any of the minute differences.
55. The Chinese have distributed publications to farmers and other rural residents instructing them in what to watch for their animals so that every household can join in helping to predict earthquakes.
56. Supporters of the Star Wars defense system hope that this would not only protect a nation against an actual nuclear attack, but would be enough of a threat to keep a nuclear war from ever happening.
57. Neither would it prevent cruise missiles or bombers, whose flights are within the Earth's atmosphere, from hitting their targets.
58. Civil rights activists have long argued that one of the principal reasons why Blacks, Hispanics, and other minority groups have difficulty establishing themselves in business is that they lack access to the sizable orders and subcontracts that are generated by large companies.
59. During the nineteenth century, she argues, the concept of the“useful” child who contributed to the family economy gave way gradually to the present day notion of the “useless” child who, though producing no income for, and indeed extremely costly to its parents, is yet considered emotionally “ priceless”.
60. Well established among segments of the middle and upper classes by the mid-1800's, this new view of childhood spread throughout society in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries as reformers introduced child labor regulations and compulsory education laws predicted in part on the assumption that a child's emotional value made child labor taboo.
[词汇] 六级考试必会短语总结 四级考试必备核心词汇
[语法] 四六级考试7大核心语法 攻克四六级语法必备练习
[写作] 四级写作备考必背高分句型 六级写作分段逐句指导
[听力] 听力得分技巧：注意4方面 名师指导四六级考试听力
[阅读] 名师屠皓民讲解六级阅读技巧：快速阅读 精细阅读
[综合] 英语四级考试完形填空最后攻略：单词为重 研习真题