1. A) The woman feels sorry for the man.
B) The man is a member of the staff.
C) The area is for passengers only.
D) The woman is asking the man to leave.
2. A) Clean her house while she is away.
B) Buy her some plants and take care of them.
C) Water her plants while she is away.
D) Water her plants when he is not at work
3. A) He will only be available in the afternoon.
B) It's not his office hour.
C) He doesn't have time.
D) He is too tired after class.
4. A) The woman insists on going out.
B) The woman doesn't like watching TV.
C) The man promised her a gift on her birthday.
D) The man is too tired to go out.
5. A) There are too many courses offered to students.
B) The woman should take fewer courses next term.
C) The man will take four courses next semester.
D) It is wiser to take more than four courses.
6. A) Ask Tom to send an invitation.
B) Get the JOhnsons' address
C) Invite Tom to the party.
D) Tell Tom to pick up the Johnsons.
7. A) Jane is looking for a summer job.
B) Jane is packing for the summer vacation.
C) Jane is on her way home.
D) Jane is eager to go home for the vacation.
8. A) Spending more time on sightseeing.
B) Visiting the city with a group.
C) Touring the city on a fine day.
D) Taking the man with her on the tour.
9. A) The woman is driving too fast.
B) The woman is driving at a slow speed.
C) The woman has broken a traffic rule.
D) The woman has parked her car in a wrong place.
10. A) She can tell Joan when she sees her at noon.
B) She should tell Joan's brother about the reception.
C) She must call on Joan after the reception.
D) She may see Joan's brother at lunch.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. A) To protect persons and property.
B) To collect taxes.
C) To teach and train citizens.
D) To save natural resources for future use.
12. A) By selling services that make life comfortable.
B) By selling land containing oil.
C) By selling public lands.
D) By selling coal and other natural products.
13. A) Environmental pollution and protection.
B) Taxes and services for the public.
C) Police efforts to protect people.
D) People's attitude toward taxes.
Questions 14 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard.
14. A) He didn't like physics any more.
B) His eyesight was too poor.
C) Physics was too hard for him.
D) He had to work to support himself.
15. A) He was not happy with the new director.
B) He was not qualified to be an engineer.
C) He wanted to travel.
D) He found his job boring.
16. A) He wanted to work with his friend.
B) He enjoyed travelling around the world.
C) He wanted to go to Spain.
D) He was rejected by the engineering firm.
17. A) He enjoyed teaching English.
B) He wanted to earn more to support his family.
C) The owner of the school promised his a good position.
D) He could earn more as a teacher than as a travel agent.
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard.
18. A) It can be cooked in many ways.
B) It is delicious but inexpensive.
C) It gives higher yields than other grain crops.
D) It grows easily in various conditions.
19. A) Fried potatoes B) Tomato juice.
C) Sweet corn D) Chocolate beans.
20. A) They led to the discovery of America.
B) They made native American foods popular.
C) They brought great wealth to Spain.
D) They made native American life styles well known.